The redecoration of the Museum has been completed and we are now concentrating of some new displays.
We have completed the Textile wall and have now started on a "History of Johnstone Display". It will include a Map of the area in the 1650's showing the features of interest to Johnstone and its connection with the Houstoun Family. The planning of the town in 1782 by George Houstoun and the importance of coal to the prosperity of the Town. The next new board is concentrating on Transport with features of the coming and going of the Canal, the Railways arriving and the Electric Tram System that used to go all the way from Glasgow, through Johnstone to Kilbarchan.
Oh! Not to forget our NEW Johnstone Burgh football team stand-alone display.
Do come in and see how we are getting on.
Johnstone History Museum
A Project of Johnstone History Society
JHM Web Log
- New Exhibition at the Museum
- Johnstone History Society February Talk
- 2019 CALENDAR NOW ON SALE
- Our New Coal Mine arrives
- Our New YouTube Video Posts
- Museum - New Displays
- Museum Makeover
- Museum New Displays
- New Historic Research Feature
- Mouse Traps Required; Made in Johnstone
- Reminiscences of Wickman Lang by Eddie McRorie
- John Lang & Sons a brief overview by Jessica Reid
- Johnstone Grand Industrial Exibition 1853
- The Johnstone Fair (1875) courtesy of Iain Reynolds