The redecoration of the Museum has been completed and we are now concentrating of some new displays.
We have completed the Textile wall and have now started on a "History of Johnstone Display". It will include a Map of the area in the 1650's showing the features of interest to Johnstone and its connection with the Houstoun Family. The planning of the town in 1782 by George Houstoun and the importance of coal to the prosperity of the Town. The next new board is concentrating on Transport with features of the coming and going of the Canal, the Railways arriving and the Electric Tram System that used to go all the way from Glasgow, through Johnstone to Kilbarchan.
Oh! Not to forget our NEW Johnstone Burgh football team stand-alone display.
Do come in and see how we are getting on.
Johnstone History Museum
A Project of Johnstone History Society • Scotland
JHM Web Log
- Johnstone History Society May Talk
- John Lang & Sons May 1960 -- > -- Wickman Lang March 1973
- New Exhibition at the Museum
- Johnstone WWI Role of Honour
- Johnstone History Society February Talk
- Our New YouTube Video Posts
- The Red House of Milliken Park
- Fordbank House - Mansion & former Maternity Unit
- Our New Coal Mine arrives
- Museum - New Displays
- Museum Makeover
- Museum New Displays
- Reminiscences of Wickman Lang by Eddie McRorie
- Johnstone Grand Industrial Exibition 1853