
The Gallery » Home Page Preview

Biggarts Mill was located at the foot of the Thorn Brae and opened in 1796. It was demolished around 1930 to make way for council housing.
Item ID: 11281
The Peockland mill (also known as Biggarts or Montgomery's mill) opened in 1796. Initially powered by the Peockland burn it was later converted to steam and boasted the highest chimney in Johnstone at 200 feet.
The mill was bought by the council around 1930 and the land was used for housing.
The mill was bought by the council around 1930 and the land was used for housing.

